...home of a blogger-want-to-be...

About Me

My photo
To experience another's grace of freindship in my life is the most powerful example of God's love for me. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The Church is a whore, but she is my mother."

Friday, May 11, 2007

Taking a Pounding From Fear!



Sometimes life just seems to pound at you, or even on you. That has been my feeling these last couple of weeks. I am now old enough that change is more difficult than it use to be and I like having a certain comfort zone of regular-ness in my life. It has just dawned on me these last couple of weeks that I no longer want to work as a floor nurse. I am thinking about becoming a surgical nurse. It is very interesting to have this challenge before me and learn things about myself that I would not know otherwise. I am a fearful person. I know that is not cool to say, because we always admire those who seem to have no fear and push the limits against all odds. Well, I guess that's not me, at least these days. It will work its way out and resolve without the majority of any of my fears materializing. I know this, but it seems important for me to recognize how fearful I am, and to try to learn from this. I recently listened to Rob Bell being interviewed by someone from his church. http://www.marshill.org/teaching/




Rob talked a little about fear toward the end of this two hour twenty minute interview that spanned the several services they had at the church that day. Rob Bell sort of summed up the goofiness of having any fear in our lives because we claim we believe in a Jesus who who died and then came back to life. He says it much better than that, of course, but it does hit home and challenges me to really, really stretch regarding how I handle the things I am presently fearing. It is humbling to realize how little I believe what I claim to know about Jesus, but instead of beating myself up about my lack of belief, I am going to try and just let this Jesus help this pathetic soul of little faith. I am hoping to stay out of the way enough to let this happen!




Shalom!

3 comments:

Al Kunkel said...

Boldly traveling where few tread!

Miche said...

Thanks Al! I am shooting for just treading water enough to keep my head dry...lol! Hope you are well!

Shalom!

Bob Robinson said...

Keep up the blogging!
It's been a month since you blogged last...
I look forward to your next post.