...home of a blogger-want-to-be...

About Me

My photo
To experience another's grace of freindship in my life is the most powerful example of God's love for me. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The Church is a whore, but she is my mother."

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter wonderings...


So Jesus was in the tomb for three days. I wonder if there were any spiders, bugs or rats in there with Him? If there were, I wonder what they saw that third day? Christmas has some pretty big moments, like angels popping out of the sky and singing big time. Magi come from somewhere far with mega gifts; there is a big bright star that shines. It's quite the celebration. Obviously, we are not privileged to know about any angelic celebrations, but it's hard to imagine they just ignore the Easter event.

Easter changed everything, right? I wonder if galaxies shifted or tilted in some sort of celebration along with exploding super novas and black holes doing whatever a black hole does, only special? I wonder if whales sensed something that day and if dolphins were extra playful? I wonder if somewhere on earth a lion laid along side of a lamb unbeknown to any of us, or eagles sored higher than they ever had, or will again? I gotta believe that God displayed His pleasure of this Resurrection triumph in some form which includes His unknowable depths of creativity.

Easter is a big deal and I never feel like I celebrate it in a way that displays the depths of what I can comprehend about it. I just cannot give it its just acknowledgement of beauty and grace and awe and irony.

Let's say there were all kinds of cosmic celebrations beyond what any of us can imagine. The whole unseen world is exploding with a God size, super sized, party...it just seems like it will never end. It strikes me funny that when Jesus steps out into the world again after rising from the dead that in his first encounter with us, he is mistaken for the Gardner. That cracks me up! He steps onto green turf after beating death and he gets "Hey look, it's the Gardner." I suppose it's just my goofy sense of humor...

...or is it a throw back implication to Eden?

hmmm....... I wonder...

Shalom!

No comments: