...home of a blogger-want-to-be...

About Me

My photo
To experience another's grace of freindship in my life is the most powerful example of God's love for me. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The Church is a whore, but she is my mother."

Monday, January 7, 2008

The Alchemy of Life


A Definition of Alchemy: any magical power or process of transmuting a common substance, usually of little value, into a substance of great value.

I have been thinking a little bit about what it means to be made of dirt and to be so fragile these days. The only thing that makes this "dirtman" meaningful is that the I Am decided to breath on/in me. 2007 was one of those years I have not been too fond of God. I have had several years like that, and I am not proud to admit this, but if I am honest I would sum up this past year admitting to this.

Friends might think I am rather "gifted" at telling God exactly what I think of Him, especially when I am angry. I have watched them cringe many times. If anyone deserved a lightening bolt here and there, it would be me in "one of my moments." LOL!

The reason I bring this up is because I am aware of how God takes something of such little value as my anger toward Him and somehow "alchemizes" it into great value. Not because I am ever right to be so angry or vocal about it, but because this is just the way He is. To say it is humbling to acknowledge God still loves you after giving Him the worst anger you can throw at Him, seems a mild acknowledgment.

As much as my heart can scream at God, I still find Him there...I am grateful.

Shalom!


-----------------------------------
As I Stare into the flame
filled up with feelings I cant name
Images of life appear
regret and anger, love and fear
Dark things drift across the screen
of mind behind whose veil are seen
loves ferocious eyes, and clear
the words come flying to my ear
Go on -- put it in your heart
Put it in your heart

Terrible deeds done in the name
of tunnel vision and fear of change
surely are expressions of
a soul thats turned its back on love
All the sirens all the tongues
The song of air in every lung
Heavens perfect alchemy
put me with you and you with me
Come on -- put that in your heart
Come on put it in your heart

All the sirens all the tongues
The song of air in every lung
Heavens perfect alchemy
Put me with you and you with me
Come on put it in your heart

"Put It in Your Heart" ...Bruce Cockburn

No comments: